The only difference between a successful online business and a web business that is struggling to produce a buck may be the accessibility to an email list in which to stay touch with your existing customers and to construct a connection with potential customers. But what exactly is the best way to create a successful email marketing campaign?
Using Purchased or Rented Email Lists
There are always places that you can purchase a huge email list or use the services of a bulk emailer. But you need to consider several things before you choose if that is the best way for you really to go.
1. You can’t guarantee the emails on the list are current and active.
2. What’s the deliverability of the services? It doesn’t do a bit of good to send a bulk mailing to 100,000 emails at a high price if the organization does not need a high percentage of deliverability, otherwise, your emails should go directly to the spam folder and never be read.
3. Do you know how these email addresses were collected? You’ve no real solution to verify that the owners of the email addresses even want to get your. email list sign up Were they opt-in emails or were they only harvested through the use of software used to crawl the net capturing email addresses. If that is the case, your email would be spam and be from the anti-spam laws generally in most countries.
4. Are these emails even remotely highly relevant to your company? How can you guarantee that the email campaign is likely to be sent to customers who are enthusiastic about that which you have to provide? You are able to just take the service at face value and accept what they are telling you. You’ve no method of proving the effectiveness of the campaign until after the fact and in those days, you have already paid for the service.
5. If your offer is extremely generic, this service may well be for you. If your main concern is always to just get your offer before as many folks as you possibly can and, based on averages, make enough sales to create it a profitable venture.
6. There’s a price a part of purchasing or renting email lists. These costs may differ from $300 for 10,000 to $1,000 for 1,000,000 emails or more. If you are confident that the copywriting is extremely compelling and your CTR has been extremely high, probably the cost outweighs the huge benefits for you. However, nothing is guaranteed. The business can guarantee delivery, but they cannot guarantee results.
Developing a Contextual Email List
A contextual email list is obtained, usually through the use of a lead capture page, by potential customers visiting your website, articles, squeeze page and choosing to opt-in to your email list. This is often consequently of you offering an incentive like a free information report, consultation or an email mini-course. The lead capture page could have an opt-in form where the visitor would input their name and email address. Items to consider when building a contextual email list.
1. You will have to build a lead capture page or have one created for you. There are some very affordable squeeze page creator programs available that do not require any technical skills to use. The price of the application is comparable to presenting one squeeze page created for you but the cost remains considerably less than purchasing or renting a list and can be utilized over and over again.
2.The emails on your list would be very targeted and you are assured your subscribers are enthusiastic about your offers making the conversion rates much greater than any results you would get from a hired or purchased email list.
3. With your personal opt-in list, you are able to construct a connection with your potential customers. This creates trust and facilitates future sales. It is often necessary to own experience of a possible client 5-7 times before they will buy. A one-time mailing from a hired list doesn’t enable a relationship.
4. Having a mailing list makes your company more valuable should you ever decide to offer your business. The e-mail set of existing customers is known as an asset and can triple the resale price of one’s business.
5. It does take a little bit of work driving traffic to your list, but because the cost is so low, you need to use that money you would have allocated to a hired list to cover PPC advertising. PPC is low priced, targeted advertising that you simply only pay for when someone enthusiastic about your offer clicks on the link.
6. With a subscribed list, it makes it possible to accomplish repeat business. It is always easier to offer to someone who has bought from you before. This makes the price of future sales reduced and increases your profits.
As you can see, there are more advantages, in the long term, to building your own personal contextual email list for more effective email marketing. There’s a great deal more to be learned about lead capture and squeeze pages. I go into much increased detail in my own website.